My wife makes excellent cauliflower mashed potatoes. It’s a great substitute and very tasty with a light garlic. And it’s amazing how much the taste and texture is like real potatoes.
Now here is a great recipe for Cauliflower Potato Salad.
The cauliflower taste is actually quite mild, and the texture is very much like regular potato salad. The key is cooking the cauliflower to the same softness as cooked potatoes would be. Make sure your florets are very small, too.
Other than the cauliflower, this low carb potato salad is just like the one you’re probably used to. It has the classic add-ins of hard boiled eggs, celery, and onions. The dressing is your typical mayonnaise base with mustard, vinegar (apple cider to keep it paleo!), and spices. So simple, and so good.
And, you’ll love that you can get all the same flavors without the carbs.
CAULIFLOWER POTATO SALAD (PALEO RECIPE)
This quick & easy cauliflower mock potato salad recipe is low carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free, whole 30, and healthy. It’s a crowd pleaser for everyone, too!INGREDIENTS
- 1 large head Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Onion (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup Celery (finely diced)
- 2 large Eggs (hard boiled, chopped)
- Chives (for garnish – optional)INSTRUCTIONS
- Cook the cauliflower on the stove or in the microwave.Stove method: Boil a pot of water with a tablespoon of salt. Add the cauliflower, and simmer until very tender (about 5 minutes). Drain well.Microwave method: Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
- Stir the cauliflower, onion, celery, and egg together with the dressing. If desired, garnish with chives and additional paprika.
Let us know how you like it.
Are Fruits Making You Fat?
The #1 WORST Paleo Food
The 3 Worst Protein Bar Ingredients (avoid these!)